Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A few days

I don't know why but I was feeling unhappy these last few days. But I am feeling more content now. 

So on Monday I went to have a MRI scan of the brain. It's a non-invasive procedure and I had done lots of these. They wanted clearer pictures so I had to have a dye injection. It's fine as I'm used to needles. I would donate blood but I don't think my blood will get accepted. Back to the MRI, it's like being asleep you have to lie still and theres a blanket on you. So I tend to nap despite the loud noises which sounds like road works or construction works. 

Tuesday, I had an appointment at braeside in the morning to see the speech therapist and a dietician. The ST gave me more words and phrases to practice and taught me a pointing technique for reading the phrases. She also told me after bmt I would another ST will take over.
The dietician was next and she wanted to get my weight. Turns out I gained 4.3%  (48-46 = 2, 2/46) in these 2 recent months. After losing about 16% (55-46, 9/46) in the months prior (November - February).  She decided  that I needed some protein shakes and put me on 2 servings of it a day. She also said the shakes are not to replace meals. 

Wednesday, I got up at 8:30am but I stayed in bed as my uncle went to get a parcel at the post office for me. I finally left my bed at around 11.30. I had some food made by my uncle then I took my meds. 

My friends came over and we played 'dominion' before I had to go for dinner in the kitchen. so they decided to leave. At the time Wilson came over to help me with the zapper. You know the parcel, was the zapper. I had some dessert while my uncle insisted he have dinner. The zapper made me want to go release my bowels. Normally well not normally for healthy people but from the time I get the feeling to go and actually going is a few hours. I'm not going to say that the zapper works but it sure was interesting. 

1 comment:

  1. wow.. that is interesting.. cos I was wondering.. but I think I get the picture now :P

    ReplyDelete