Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RTA

23 February 2011

I wanted to update my blog each day but apparently my life is boring when I stay at home. So i'll update it when I go out typically towards the end of the week.

I'm glad that this disease decided to show symptoms as I'm an adult and my friends are too. I would not be able to do some of the things if this was 5 years ago and I wouldn't have met some people. If I was younger I would not be able to blog and I would have to rely on my parents to drive me around. So I am grateful that my younger self was unaffected by the symptoms now.

Earlier today I went to the RTA good thing Lo Tech could take me. My condition has probably gotten worse, I'm often getting tired from walking short distances. I had to go to the RTA to get a disability parking permit and my proof of age card. The ability parking permit is called a mobility parking scheme (MPS) and comprises of two things, a card and the holder. I wanted additional holders for the cars that would drive me but the attendant said they were only allowed one per card. Which means I’ll need to bring the holder each time. The 2nd part of the MPS is a card much like a license which needs to be placed in the holder. I needed a form of ID so a proof of age or NSW photo ID was something else that I needed from the RTA. In the end the MPS cost $35 and the ID cost $25 and they would expire at the same time in 5 years. Lo Tech helps me out a lot I’m sure it would be this way had I not gotten the symptoms though if I hadn't then there would be no real need to go to the RTA.

Tomorrow (thursday 24.2.2010) is a planned dinner thing and drinks later I guess no alcohol for me.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you, I will join you in being alcohol free - it hurts anyway. -_-

    ReplyDelete