Wednesday, February 2, 2011

late sleep

1 February 2010

I woke up at 11am which menat that I was late for my meds which I have to eat before hand. The reason I woke up late was because I slept at 5am man so bad even with the aircon I didn't manage to sleep ,
I was going to bed at midnight when my sister plugged in an iron and it caused the powerboard to overload, it remineded me of the simpsons when homer plugged in the santa and caused the entire town to black out (I tried to find the clip but oh well its this ep http://simpsons.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Papa%27s_Got_a_Brand_New_Badge). I have no idea why it happened as we only use 5 power outlets in the room from the board. We chnged the board and it was fine though the 30 mins was deathly hot in my room\. Oh sigh didn't realise how hot it was without the aircon. Though I couldn't really change it I was morethe brains in the operation where my dad was the muscle and did the physical task of plugging the board into the wall and then the appliances into the board. Glad we had a spare board though if we didn't I would gladly sacrifice the computer and router for the aircon as we only have 1 wall socket.
I also read some emils last night when I couldn't get to sleep. I replied to them when I saw them in my inbox. I won't name anyone but I did get an email about a fishing trip which I've decided not to attend.
I played some games of mtgo with the deck below and I won all of them yay thats 4/4, it costs about 2 tickets each time to win a booster worth 3.5 tix I think, I have no idea as I tend to keep the packs until I draft. This was until 4am I think, I spent the next hour or so watching naruto shippuden on youtube i'm up to ep 63 or the end of it.
Ok so I woke up at 11am and then I hopped on the comp to make some changes to my mtgo deck, which is rug, for those interested here's the list i'm running:
Maindeck
3 Rootbound Crag
1 Halimar Depths
2 Copperline Gorge
3 Mountain
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Forest
4 Raging Ravine
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Island
lands 26
1 Avenger of Zendikar
1 Inferno Titan
3 Acidic Slime
1 Frost Titan
1 Primeval Titan
4 Lotus Cobra
creatures 11

2 Cultivate
2 Explore
3 Preordain
1 Destructive Force
4 Mana Leak
4 Lightning Bolt
spells 19

1 Chandra Nalaar
2 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
planesalkers 7

Sideboard
3 Tunnel Ignus
3 Arc Trail
3 Cunning Sparkmage
1 Trinket Mage
1 Acidic Slime
3 Gaea's Revenge
1 Basilisk Collar

So all in all a midrange deck it tries to be the aggressor when it faces a full control deck and it likes to play control against more aggressive type decks. I'm not a very good player and it shoews as I tend to be about 50% in terms of win-losses. I would like to be decent at playing and have a win rate of about 80%. Whiich brings my next point, gp brisbane is constructed standard, wonder if the new sets will greatly impact this format, if not I want to be playing this later in the year if i'm allowed to go to it. Yes magic or mtg has played a huge part in my life thus far, it helped me meet some amazing people tnat I wouldn't otherwise have met. I haven't played in any major tournaments since the GGs 5k which I I went 6 wins 2 losses for a finish of 11/126.

oh I called the student centre earlier to defer for the autumn semester and they told me to do it online through submitting a leave of absence request which I foollowed through with. Hopefully all goes well and in spring I can resume my degree and graduate wthin 2 years which is what I have left for my course. Oh I didn't mention my degree its a bachelor of business and bachlor of science in IT (BBus/BSciIT) at the university of technology, sydney (UTS) I only really chose UTS due t its proximity to central station as I found out during Open days the other unis were a pain to get to, travel time to the other places was about 90 minutes one way. Though if I could magically do something else it would be Bachelor of engineering (major in electrical) as I do enjoy doing some math based work. In my degree I found statistics, economics and networking fundamentals all enjoyable as they involved some sort of math that I learnt in school though I only managed to be in extension 1 math.

I will leave it at that for now and post a new entry tomorrow morning as the day just begun and these are the things I have done when I woke up. Not sure if you guys prefer I write it at night when the day is over or the next morning as I recap the past day. Oh almost forgot today is chinese new years eve so I won't be home tonight/evening as there is a family re union dinner that I'm going to.


No comments:

Post a Comment